Coronavirus Vaccination Programme for Bedford
It is planned that vaccinations will start during the week beginning 4th January, subject to delivery of the vaccines.
The programme will be run out of 2 centres for all Bedford patients:
- Kings House Conference Centre on Ampthill Road, MK42 9AZ
- Guru Nanak Gurdwara Temple on Ford End Road, Queens Park, MK40 4JX
The first group of patients to be invited will be those aged 80 and over.
Your GP practice will be in touch with you to invite you, and book both your appointments.
You will need two appointments, 21 days apart, as we will be using the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine – and both appointments will be booked when your GP practice contacts you, so that you have this planned in.
Please make sure that your GP practice has your up to date mobile number, in case there are any delivery issues the vaccination centre will need to get in contact with you easily.
A video message from a local GP which will answer some of your questions:
Some do’s and don’ts
- Please arrive at the time of your appointment – not too early or late, as this is a complicated process and timing is going to be a challenge.
- Please wear a short sleeved top under your coat, so that the vaccination team have easy access to your arm.
- You will need to wear a face mask or covering.
- Please attend on your own, unless you need someone with you for support, to minimise the number of people present.
- Be prepared for this to take a little time – as you will have a 15 minute monitoring period after your vaccination, so you will not be leaving straight away.
- If you have any Covid-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- If you are isolating because you have been in touch with someone with Covid-19 symptoms, please do not attend.
- If you have had Covid-19 symptoms in the 4 weeks prior to your appointment, you must rearrange your appointment – there must be a 4 week gap between Covid-19 symptoms and vaccination.
- If you have ever had an anaphylactic reaction (e.g. facial swelling after eating or drinking, or taking medication) – you must not have this particular Pfizer vaccination, and will need to wait for another type of vaccination once it has been approved.
- There needs to be at least a 7 day gap between your flu vaccination and your Coronavirus vaccination.